Any works undertaken by Ace of Suedes are subject to the following terms and conditions, and the risks explained in our suede, leather and specialist item consent forms.
Ace of Suedes will always exercise the utmost care in the treatment of all items entrusted to us, and where we are unable to follow clear cleaning instructions (which may or may not be available) we will use such processes which in our professional opinion are best suited to the nature of the items collected. Any item(s) without cleaning instructions however are to be treated at owner’s risk.
Upcharges normally apply for designer / specialist brands, including but not limited to: Armani, Gucci, Chanel, Loro Piana, Versace, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Zilli, Moncler, Roberto Cavalli, Belstaff, Barbour, Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Alexander McQueen, Vera Wang, Vivienne Westwood, Jenny Packham.
Your signed “Collection & Delivery Form” confirms your acceptance of our Terms & Conditions for all items collected & delivered.
Please make sure that your shop name, description of item(s), and any other specific instructions are clear before signing.
Please make sure that it is clearly noted on the form if you require repairs, estimate / quote before treatment, or any other requirements.
Please make sure any specific instructions are also pinned / tagged to the item(s) being collected. We reserve the right not to undertake any treatment of items without a signed “Collection & Delivery Form”.
Any complaints or issues need to be raised within 14 days of an accepted delivery.
- If you have already been given an estimate, this may be subject to change upon inspection of your item(s) by our specialists. This would normally depend upon the necessary treatment and / or processes required.
- It is your responsibility to explain any or all risks associated with the treatment of specialist items to your customers, and we encourage the use of a consent form. Consent forms are available for our customers free of charge – please speak to your driver or let us know if you need any consent forms
- Any further treatment to an item already returned on a BEST RESULTS basis may be subject to further treatment costs.
- Collection and/or delivery to an alternative address may be subject to a trip charge.
- All invoices are to be paid in full upon delivery unless payment terms have been agreed and set up.
- We reserve the right not to deliver goods without the full payment of outstanding costs.
- Storage charges of £5 per item per week may be charged for unpaid / undelivered items that remain in our possession for over 30 days.
- You, and not your customer(s), are liable to pay our costs for the treatment of items that we collect from you.
- Our average turnaround time (subject to unforeseen circumstance) is usually 1 to 2 weeks for most specialist items – you will be notified if further time is required.
Liability – If proved to be at fault (by an independent testing authority), collected items are only insured against loss, theft or damage up to a maximum value of 10 x the treatment cost we have charged for the item(s) in question, or if agreed the current market value less any depreciation and/or treatment costs incurred. Our acceptance of liability will only be agreed in writing by Ace of Suedes and the amount payable is at company discretion.
Ace of Suedes
cannot assume responsibility for items that have inherent weaknesses, defects or stains that are not apparent prior to treatment.
Whenever possible, a member of our experienced team will advise of any obvious and/or considerable risks.
Ace of Suedes are a specialist cleaning, repair and restoration company and therefore any items collected for treatment are deemed already devalued and/or damaged. We cannot accept liability for:
- Items that we have treated following a completed “further consent request form”
- Items that we have treated following a verbal “go ahead” or “consent”
- Any damage not related to or caused by our treatment and/or services
- Any damage associated with adhesives used by manufacturers
- Any damage and/or change of texture that may occur following cleaning/treatment of protein-based stains
- Loss of value of an item following our treatment and/or services
- Failed stain treatment and/or repairs due to inherent problems within the structure of materials/skins
- Failed stain treatment of protein-based stains, water and/or sunlight damaged items
- Any costs associated with delays caused by unforeseen circumstances or issues with treatment
- Colour uniformity following our treatment – our specialists intend to match original colors, materials, and/or accessories as best as possible
- Loss of shape, size or texture following our treatment and/or services
- Damage or loss to property and/or accessories such as, but not limited to: items found in pockets, badges, brooches, beads, sequins, buttons, buckles, belts, zips, hooks, loops, beams, etc.
- Shrinkage, unless deemed excessive (Excessive shrinkage is regarded as over 3%)
- Any damage to an item resulting from the use or application of a product while in your care.
In addition to the effects of normal wear, some items may have weak or thin areas that can be chafed during cleaning.
Prior exposure to heat and/or moisture can cause some leathers, suedes, furs or materials to become tender, stiff, or brittle during or after treatment.
This may also cause some types of leathers, suedes, furs or materials to shrink and/or lose shape / texture during or after treatment.
Stain Treatment – Although we have decades of experience and some of the most unique and specialist cleaning methods available, we are unable to guarantee removal of all stains, faults, or defects that may in some cases be unnoticeable prior to treatment. Unfortunately, some types of stains may not be removable, and stains already present may at times become more obvious following treatment, or cause damage/change to textures and/or colours.
We are sadly not always able to disguise or improve the appearance of natural flaws or avoid issues relating to certain adhesives used by manufacturers. Leathers and suedes often become worn and discolored with age, and this can often be mistaken for staining.
Please Note: that sometimes this may not be apparent until after treatment. Items that may require advanced treatment may be subject to additional charges. In some cases, and with some tougher stains, we may attempt to conceal the damage by using dyes/colours to the closest possible match, or to your customer’s preference – further charges may apply.
All specialist items are therefore only undertaken for treatment on a best results basis, and it is our recommendation that you obtain the necessary authorisation/owners risk from your customers accordingly. We encourage the use of a consent form. Consent forms are available for our customers free of charge – please speak to your driver or let us know if you need any consent forms.
We reserve the right to refuse service to any customer, or reject any items for treatment. There will be no charge for any items that we reject.
We reserve the right to amend our prices and terms and conditions at any stage, and without notice.